Sunday, May 25, 2008

Except for the cold, the weather is unpredictable.

Steve called at 7pm. He and Ben as well as the other team of 3 started up to take a carry to 16,000 feet. The weather looked as if it was getting worse, so they turned around. Now it is beautiful! It is very cold, 20 below last night.

Andy is planning to stay in camp. Steve and Ben are feeling strong and they are all acclimating.
They are working with the other team of 3 and also have become aquainted with some other teams up on the mountain. Some bartering is going on.

Tomorrow they hope to take up a carry to the next level.



cncdave said...

Glad you guys got to move a bit. We appreciate your up to date reports. My son Mike Schasch and Rick Kent have been trying to get flown into base camp the past two days, and are waiting for the weather to break. You might cross paths next week. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the daily comments. Ben's boss (branch head) and the rest of us have even gone over to Paul's photos during dull DC meetings to see if we could ID Ben. Hope the weather clears up and everyone gets or stays healthy, with strong knees and back. Army (Picatinny) is watching you all too.
R/ Ben's co-workers